develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2003

Re: Installing Curses.pm on Red Hat 8.0

From:
Bruno Negrao
Date:
April 4, 2003 10:02
Re: Installing Curses.pm on Red Hat 8.0
Message ID:
001301c2fab9$583112a0$5100a8c0@egp
Hi everybody, I found myself the solution. To install Curses 1.06 with my
perl-5.8.0-55, i need a patch for the Curses package.
First, I  made a search on www.rmpfind.net  for the string 'perl-Curses' and
I found various rpm and src.rpm packages of it, mostly for mandrake. So, I
downloaded the perl-Curses-1.06-5mdk.src.rpm package, and installed it.
I tried the 'rpmbuild -ba perl-Curses-specfile' but it didn't work, so, I
went to the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES where I found the patch:
Curses-1.06-fix-Perl_sv_isa.patch.bz2. I uncompressed it with bunzip2 and
applied it against my own
Curses-1.06.tar.gz package that I downloaded from CPAN.
Curses compiled and installed fine.

Bruno Negrao