develooper Front page | perl.tips | Postings from August 2001

Perl Tip 5: Useful Perl community sites

From:
Ask Bjoern Hansen
Date:
August 29, 2001 11:22
Subject:
Perl Tip 5: Useful Perl community sites
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0108290455130.36769-100000@onion.valueclick.com

[ Ooops; as you might have noticed, I just managed to make a typo
  late last night while navigating my perl.org mailbox and approved
  a mail to this list that wasn't a tip at all. By the time I
  realized my mistake the mailserver had already pushed out the mail
  to >80% of the subscribers (it's super fast). Sorry everyone!
]

Anyway, on to the tip.

The Perl community has a whole lot of interesting, fun and useful
web resources. One of them is "use Perl;".  Check it out at

  http://use.perl.org/

use Perl brings you frequent news stories on what's going on in the
Perl community, and many "Perl People" maintains a journal on the
site.  You can for example read Nathan Torkington's
(http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/07/03/nat.html) journal at
http://use.perl.org/journal.pl?op=display&uid=29

If you go to http://use.perl.org/users.pl you can make your own
account and customize the boxes on the front page, post comments to
the news articles, post your own journal and much more.

You can read more about the use Perl site at
http://use.perl.org/faq.shtml

Tips archive: http://archive.develooper.com/daily-tips@perl.org/