develooper Front page | perl.dbi.dev | Postings from August 2002

DBI runs on a Zaurus!

From:
Dean Arnold
Date:
August 25, 2002 16:58
Subject:
DBI runs on a Zaurus!
Message ID:
000c01c24c92$f3ba1530$0d00a8c0@luckplane
PDA now means "Perl Digital Assistant"

I finally scraped up some time on a gloomy Sunday here
in Seattle, and got my Zaurus all config'd and WiFi'd,
and then installed the nice little perl 5.6.1 distribution
from http://www.frontgarden.net/~matthew/technical/zaurus/perl.html,
ftp'd over DBI.pm, DBI/PurePerl.pm, DBI/DBD.pm, and
DBD/Teradata.pm into /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1,
ran a tiny little script to connect and SELECT USER,DATE,TIME
and voila, she works! Takes quite a while
for the interpretter to get up and init'd, but its still pretty cool.

Wish I had a digital camera to take a little photo...maybe soon.

Now to figure out how to get DBD::Chart up on it...

Has anyone tried WinCE Perl yet ?

If anyone else has a pure Perl driver they'd like tested, let me know...

Regards,
Dean Arnold