develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from February 2001

Re: DBD::Oracle: make test fails: solution found

From:
prtome
Date:
February 26, 2001 02:31
Re: DBD::Oracle: make test fails: solution found
Message ID:
3A9A3056.D7EE3D61@geneprot.com
prtome@geneprot.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a slight problem finishing my install of DBD-Oracle. I have read
> the list archive, and tried the solutions but to no avail. I would very
> much appreciate any hints of what to do to solve the problem.

I have found a solution for this problem.
Instead of using this new library built by Oracle, the
libclntsh.so.8.0,I have put all the libraries by themselves (well almost
all - I might have to add some others?)
which means in the Makefile, I changed the LDLOADLIBS to:

LDLOADLIBS = -L/usr/local/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/  -ln8
-lclient8 -lclntst8 -lvsn8 -lcommon8 -lgeneric8 -lmm -lntns8 -lcore8
-lnl8 -lc -laio -lm  -lc

I do not know if all these libraries are needed - but these look like
the ones I used with Oracle7 .

Now - I have no more problems with loading the libraries, and the test
runs successfully.

Hope this helps

PatRTome