develooper Front page | perl.dbi.users | Postings from March 2001

Re: DBD::Sybase and MS Sql Server 7 ntext - Out of Memory!

From:
Wigsy
Date:
March 8, 2001 09:37
Re: DBD::Sybase and MS Sql Server 7 ntext - Out of Memory!
Message ID:
006001c0a7f6$df8bfa20$1a1d4d18@wigsville
Thank you SOOOOOOO much Michael! That did it. If only that little bug had
been mentioned somewhere in the documentation.. Or perhaps it was and I
missed it. At any rate, thanks again. And what kind of virtual beer would
you like?

=)

Wigsy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Peppler" <mpeppler@peppler.org>
To: "Higgens" <higgens@home.com>
Cc: <dbi-users@perl.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase and MS Sql Server 7 ntext - Out of Memory!

> Higgens writes:
>  > Hello, I'm in a bit of a state and I'm hoping that someone can help me
out.
>  >
>  > I've been racking my brain for the last two days trying to do something
which I thought would be pretty simple. Getting the perl DBI to talk to a
remote MS SQL Server. Well, it turns out that it is fairly easy to do this.
I have implemented the FreeTDS module and the Sybase module for DBD and both
are working nicely. EXCEPT for one huge issue that is making all of the work
I've done pretty close to useless for my situation. I get a nasty "out of
memory" error whenever I try to select a "text" field from the MS SQL
Server. This error is reported from my OS (Linux) not the DBI from what I
can tell.