develooper Front page | perl.macosx | Postings from April 2001

Re: Perl and Tk on Mac OS X

From:
Forest Dean Feighner
Date:
April 4, 2001 12:15
Re: Perl and Tk on Mac OS X
Message ID:
200104041913.f34JDXr11971@moose.erie.net
Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

When I ran ./configure and make from within the ImageMagick directory
the make process tried to make PerlMagick as well. The README, in regard
to MAP_TARGET, says:

    To create and install a new 'perl' executable (replacing your
     existing PERL interpreter!) with PerlMagick statically linked
     (but other libraries linked statically or dynamically according
     to system linker default), execute

         perl Makefile.PL
         make perl
         make -f Makefile.aperl inst_perl

     or to create and install a new PERL interpreter with a
     different name than 'perl' (e.g. 'PerlMagick') and with
     PerlMagick statically linked

         perl Makefile.PL MAP_TARGET=PerlMagick
	make PerlMagick
         make -f Makefile.aperl inst_perl

This worries me a bit because I get the impression that it'll replace
the perl exectutable with PerlMagick.

After failing the make process I ran make clean, and added
-L/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/ to the LIB line in Makefile.PL.

In accordance to the README;
     To create and install the dymamically-loaded version of
     PerlMagick (the preferred way), execute

         perl Makefile.PL
         make
         make install

I am still having difficulties with graphic libraries, but for now, I'm
going to take it one hurdle at a time.

Thanks
Forest