develooper Front page | perl.macosx | Postings from September 2001

Re: Cocoa interfaces

From:
Wilfredo Sánchez
Date:
September 7, 2001 12:42
Re: Cocoa interfaces
Message ID:
DCE50B70-A3C6-11D5-B173-003065D59FBA@mit.edu
   Apple has an internal Perl<->ObjC bridge which I've been asking them
to release but they've been sitting on it and I have somewhat less
influence on it now that I don't work there any more.  It basically make
Cocoa objects look like OO Perl objects.  You say "use AppKit" and go
from there.

   If you are familiar with XS and the ObjC runtime it's probably a
straightforward thing to write.  A company called TipTop
(http://www.tiptop.com/) has also done this for Perl, as well as Python
and Tcl.  Bill Bumgarner has an open implementation for a bridge to
Python, which one might use as a reference.

	-Fred