develooper Front page | perl.macosx | Postings from March 2002

Re: CPAN problems? dyld: perl Undefined symbols?

From:
Peter N Lewis
Date:
March 25, 2002 02:11
Re: CPAN problems? dyld: perl Undefined symbols?
Message ID:
p05101510b8c4a7a39a74@[203.47.34.3]
At 11:28 +0800 21/3/02, Peter N Lewis wrote:

>But when I try to use CPAN, I get these errors:
>
>cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
>dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
>_PerlIO_getc
>_PerlIO_putc
>_PerlIO_read
>_PerlIO_write
>_Perl_sv_2pv_flags

Ok, it turns out my problem was either my library path or not running
perl -MCPAN -e shell as root.

I reinsalled a completely clean 5.6.1 with

../Configure -des -Dfirstmakefile=GNUmakefile -Dldflags=-flat_namespace
make
make test
mv INSTALL INSTALL.txt
sudo make install

And things seem to be working.

Thanks particularly to Rick Frankel who gave me the clue I needed to
reinstall 5.6.1 properly.

Thanks,
    Peter.

--