develooper Front page | perl.midi | Postings from May 2003

midi splitter

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
May 22, 2003 05:46
Subject:
midi splitter
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.1.20030522044005.02049e50@mailstore.pobox.com
I've been quite busy recently working on my forthcoming book (
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rtfpg/ ) but I was recently prevailed upon
to bang out this bit of code, which takes a MIDI file and splits it, i.e.,
for every channel used, the program writes out a new file that contains
only that channel playing:
http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/midi_splitter.pl

It does this by reading the input file, and then killing notes on any track
and channel other than the one currently being filtered for -- and it
iterates thru filtering each of them in turn.  Some may find the program
interesting.  Feel free to ask questions about parts that puzzle you.
--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/