develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from November 2001

Call for leaders, was Moving forward ideas

From:
Stephen Adkins
Date:
November 7, 2001 10:18
Subject:
Call for leaders, was Moving forward ideas
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20011107132555.008b3690@pop3.norton.antivirus
Hi,

John and Aaron have good ideas.

This e-mail is a formal request for leaders to step forward so that
people can "choose their dictator".

 * Who is willing to step forward to be one of the effort's leaders?

A leader is someone who is doing something rather than talking about it.
A leader is someone who basically would be working on this stuff anyway
because he needs it (and therefore is motivated to persist with the
effort).
A leader is someone who is willing to spell out his proposal, act on it,
and take arrows in the side from all the people who think he's doing it
wrong.

I qualify, so I volunteer.
And I will be working on this whether anyone "elects" me or not.
Anyone can see the stuff I have been doing at

   http://www.officevision.com/pub/p5ee

It is also not hard to follow.
I have been incorporating many of the good ideas which have come across
this list.
Many have viewpoints which differ from mine on how this should be done.
(Honestly, did we ever think that we would all agree before we wrote a
line of code?)
That's why Gerald Richter is currently working with Nathan to get a CVS
repository set up at perl.org so that we can prototype our work and
prove the concepts through code before we promote a single file to the
P5EE namespace.

If we can identify a few leaders, let them each begin their descriptions
of what P5EE is and publish it as I have so that we may discuss it.

Stephen