develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from November 2001

P5EE organization and CVS

From:
Stephen Adkins
Date:
November 12, 2001 09:18
Subject:
P5EE organization and CVS
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20011112122450.007fb210@pop3.norton.antivirus
Hi,

ORGANIZATION

I have created a P5EE organization page which describes
more-or-less who is doing what.

   http://www.officevision.com/pub/p5ee/organization.html

Send me corrections privately and I will keep this updated
so we know who is who, doing what, with skills or interests in what.

CVS

I presume that the CVS setup is going on somewhere in the
background.  When we have it, the directory structure will
look something like this.

   P5EEx-Blue
   P5EEx-Blue/P5EEx
   P5EEx-Blue/P5EEx/Blue

and all Perl modules for P5EEx-Blue (except P5EEx::Blue itself)
will go in or below the P5EEx-Blue/P5EEx/Blue directory.
The following other top level directories will be built.

   P5EEx-Black
   P5EEx-Orange
   P5EEx-Lime
   P5EEx-Green
   P5EEx-Beige

This is to allow each P5EEx project to be independently
releasable and CPAN-able if desired.

I am mentioning this because as soon as we begin, it will be
too late to change our minds on how we organize the CVS repository.

(The other alternative, which I recommend against, is to have
a single directory structure under P5EEx, which would make the
different prototypes not as easily versioned separately.)

The CVS setup is taking a while, but the opportunity to get it
hosted at perl.org is worth the wait.  There is nothing stopping
you from getting started with the right directory structure right
now on your own machine.

If, for some reason, the CVS at perl.org doesn't happen, we
have a Sourceforge project that I applied for before it became
evident that Gerald was the CVS pumpking. Currently, we don't
plan to use this.

Stephen
http://www.officevision.com/pub/p5ee/