develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from November 2001

CVS is up!

From:
Gerald Richter
Date:
November 14, 2001 22:39
Subject:
CVS is up!
Message ID:
018501c16da0$2af8d4f0$0a0c0b0a@gr.ecos.de
Thanks to the people at perl.org the CVS is now up and running!

I have added a README that describes some basics about the CVS, how to get
access and the directory structure. It can be view online here:
http://cvs.perl.org/cvsweb/p5ee/README?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-ma
rkup

Currently the following people have commit access

Gerald Richter
Greg McCarroll
Stephen Adkins

If anybodyelse wants commit access, please send me an email, but make sure
you have registered a namespace (see
http://www.officevision.com/pub/p5ee/organization.html)

The README also contains the lastest directory layout I would propose (we
should agree on that before anybody starts commiting). It's slightly
modified from what I send in my last email to the list. From the README:

Each experimental area (i.e. P5EEx::Blue) would contain code which is
proposed for promotion to the P5EE namespace. For example

  Experimental Module        Proposed Module (implied)
  P5EEx/Blue/README               README
  P5EEx/Blue/P5EE.pm              P5EE.pm
  P5EEx/Blue/P5EE/Context.pm      P5EE/Context.pm
  P5EEx/Blue/P5EE/Config.pm       P5EE/Config.pm
  P5EEx/Blue/P5EE/Config/XML.pm   P5EE/Config/XML.pm

The p5ee.perl.org web server isn't setup yet, because the perl.org people
have to setup a way how we can maintain it first. That will hopfully soon
happeing. Also I didn't had luck when subscribing to the commit mailing list
(maybe I am just to impatient). I will make sure with the perl.org people
that list is running.

And now it's up to you to start....

Gerald