develooper Front page | perl.p5ee | Postings from August 2002

Re: [VOTE] [+1] P5EE without Repository and Widget

From:
Jason W. May
Date:
August 28, 2002 12:36
Re: [VOTE] [+1] P5EE without Repository and Widget
Message ID:
3D6D264D.2090500@pobox.com
I say go ahead.

I don't believe that maintaining a set of modules under CPAN under the
"P5EE" label
is going to make any difference in increasing mainstream acceptance of
Perl as a platform
for enterprise application development.

But I don't think this hurts, either.  We'll still be in the same state,
where developers can
find multiple solutions on CPAN to the same enterprise problems.

There's clearly no steam behind the idea of a "standard" enterprise Perl
software platform.
I applaud Stephen's efforts in this regard.

-Jason