Perl Porters Impressions Night

From:
Casey West
Date:
July 5, 2001 08:27
Subject:
Perl Porters Impressions Night
Message ID:
20010705102917.A10690@stupid.geeknest.com
Ok, this is the call for comedy.  Please register your favorite porter!

NAME
    BOF: Comedy hour: p5p impressions night

DESCRIPTION
  Summary

    You heard me right, p5p impressions night at TPC. Don't even think about
    trying to escape. Come, make us laugh, embar^W"do" your favorite Porter.
    Everyone is fair game, including Porters of yore.

    This event will be held on Thursday, July 26. We are scheduled for
    8-10pm and, in reality, I hope we last an hour. ;-) Find us in the
    Grande Ballroom A(East).

  Host

    That's me. I'll be moving this gathering along.

  Judges

    We require a panel of 5 judges. If you feel you have the bladder and
    fortitude for it, please volunteer. Contestants may impersonate you, I
    can't trust you to be honorable, so be honorable. :) The first 5
    volunteers to reply will win.

    Note: I have 4 Judges. I need one more, please sign up!

  Contestants

    Contestants may only impersonate one Porter. Unless a team ( yes, teams
    are allowed, be creative :) is put together.

  Play

    Contestants will be drawn from a hat at random. Each contestant gets 5
    minutes to act. All standard equipment is useable, you may need the p5p
    archives to help the audience, who knows! At the end of the 5
    minutes,each judge will score the contestant from 1 to 10 based on their
    bias, the audience and any bribe money (provided I get my 40%).

  Improve

    If there aren't enough registered contestants to fit the time we have,
    impove will be welcome at the end.

  Winners

    At the end of the night, the contestant with the highest score wins. If
    there is a tie, we will either use applause from the audience or
    paper-rock-scissors to decide a winner. Note: Not only does the
    contestant win, but the Porter impersonated as well.

  Prizes

    The winner and his porter will win a prize. The prize is to be
    determined. It will be determined when people offer to help pitch in,
    email me! ;-)

    No really, I need help. Is your company willing to give something? Are
    you?

REGISTRATION
    Send mail to casey@geeknest.com and register your porter.

CONTACT
    Contact me at casey@geeknest.com to be a judge or help with money (or
    anything) for a prize.

  Casey West

--
I'd wipe the machines off the face of the earth again, and end the
industrial epoch absolutely, like a black mistake.