develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2001

perlpod and perlpodspec rewrite

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
September 23, 2001 22:03
Subject:
perlpod and perlpodspec rewrite
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20010923230257.007d57b0@mail.spinn.net
The new second drafts of perlpod and perlpodspec follow.

They took me rather longer than I thought they would for usual and unusual
reasons; but I'm very thankful to Mark-Jason Dominus, Skud Robert, Tim Yee,
and many others who contributed to the roughly quarter-meg worth of
discussion that the first draft of these produced.

I'd put up diffs, but the diffs would likely be longer and less
intelligible than the new versions.  There's been lots of wording and
formatting changes, lots more examples, but relatively few basic conceptual
changes (but a few additions).

Incidentally, in one of the files I mention a Pod::Escapes.  It's not
vaporware -- it's a module I'm going to put on CPAN at the first spare moment.

--
Sean M. Burke    sburke@cpan.org    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/