develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2001

perlpodspec and perlpod rewrite, draft 3 "final"

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
October 20, 2001 16:51
Subject:
perlpodspec and perlpod rewrite, draft 3 "final"
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20011020175109.007cb3d0@mail.spinn.net
After much procrastination, I've tended to the final comments to the most
recent versions of my perlperlpodspec and perlpod rewrite.  Attached are
the diffs against the last versions posted to pod-people and p5p, and then
the new files in their entirety.

Most changes are one-line cosmetic things (like changing m/^foo$/s to
m/\Afoo\z/) or wording clarifications.  The substantial changes are these:
it's now an error to try to start a pod block with a =cut.  And there's
more examples of malformed =begin / =end regions, and explanations of why
they're malformed.

I now (hereby) submit these for inclusion in the perl distribution.

I also strongly suggest that future threads about the Pod format or its
implementation (as distinct from, say, perldoc, or the content of the Perl
documentation, or patches to either) take place not on p5p (unless clearly
necessary), but on the pod-people mailing list.  It's much much
lower-volume than p5p, and -- it's just about the Pod format!  Details and
archives for pod-people are at:
  http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=pod-people
If you're interested in talking about Pod, get on that list, otherwise
don't, and please don't assume that anything Pod-format-relevent will
necessarily be crossposted to p5p.

PROPS TO MY PEEPS!  PEACE OUT!!