Re: [perl #20218] perl -d now an order of magnitude slower 5.6.0 -> 5.8.0

From:
Dirk Koopman
Date:
January 15, 2003 06:30
Re: [perl #20218] perl -d now an order of magnitude slower 5.6.0 -> 5.8.0
Message ID:
1042576690.1816.697.camel@dirk2.int.tobit.co.uk
I have altered the data sufficiently to hide the truth :-) So you can
download the tarfile from:

   http://www.tobit.co.uk/download/eventpos.tar.gz

It will untar into a directory called 'try', cd into and try:-

   ./eventpos.pl xaa

then try:

   perl -d eventpos.pl xaa

I hope you find the difference as startling as I did!

Dirk

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to