develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from August 2001

Something to hash out

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
August 25, 2001 07:39
Subject:
Something to hash out
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.0.20010825103401.01f94070@tuatha.sidhe.org
I've got the rudiments of the parrot interpreter and assembler built and
running. (I get around 23M ops/sec on a 700MHz Alpha EV6) I'm beating it up
enough to get it into a reasonably released state, so while I'm doing that...

I'm currently thinking of using .pasm as the extension for parrot assembly
code, and .pbc for precompiled bytecode. (Yes, the interpreter loads and
runs compiled bytecode from disk. Wheee!) Can anyone think of anything
better? They seem rather lame. (Bonus points for clever acronyms gotten
without strain, or puns in any human language)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk