develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from September 2001

Re: Failed to build: redefinition of symbols

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
September 17, 2001 07:53
Re: Failed to build: redefinition of symbols
Message ID:
20010917154149.A1795@netthink.co.uk
On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:47:58PM +0100, James A. Duncan wrote:
> Getting a problem when trying to compile on a Mac OS X box.
> I've not looked into it yet but output follows:
>
> cc -lm -lc   -o test_prog global_setup.o interpreter.o parrot.o register.o basic_opcodes.o memory.o bytecode.o string.o strnative.o test_main.o
> /usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _Parrot_num_string_constants
> /usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _Parrot_string_vtable

This is because I am crap at declaring globals. Fixed.

Resync your CVS and try again.

--
These days, if I owned the M$ division that built Lookout
and SexChange, I'd trade it for a dog, and then I'd shoot