develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from October 2001

[COMMIT] Moby patch

From:
Gregor N. Purdy
Date:
October 13, 2001 17:46
Subject:
[COMMIT] Moby patch
Message ID:
1003020352.10864.28.camel@sarek.oh.focusresearch.com
All --

I just committed (the now functioning; thanks to Tom Hughs for spotting
my missing #include sin) moby.patch.

It works great here, but its a big change. Feedback appreciated.

  * basic_opcodes.ops and opcode_table replaced by core.ops

  * process_opfunc.pl replaced by Parrot/OpsFile.pm, Parrot/Op.pm,
    and ops2c.pl. These convert *.ops to *_ops.c and
    include/parrot/oplib/*_ops.h

  * New ops2pm.pl converts *.ops to Parrot/OpLib/*.pm

  * disassemble.pl modified to use

  * interpreter.c modified to use structures in core_ops.c instead
    of the old op_info and op_func stuff. We're not yet to the
    point of handling multiple oplibs at a time, but we are getting
    there...

    Fingerprinting stuff disabled for now. We used to go off
    opcode_table. We need to rethink this. I have some ideas to
    make it unnecessary, but it remains to be seen whether others
    will like the direction they take us.

    Termination condition for while(){} loop in runops is now
    (pc) instead of (*pc). Any op can cause a HALT by returning
    a NULL pointer. Ops end, bounds and trace all do this. So, now
    the 'end' op body is actually executed, although all it does
    is HALT.

  * Makefile.in modified to perform a test build using pbc2c.pl,
    which is the bytecode --> C compiler I've posted to the
    list before.

  * Op full names are now autogenerated. Op root names must not
    contain underscores, so some op renamings have happened.
    Such as clear_i becoming cleari.

Regards,

-- Gregor
/     perl -e 'srand(-2091643526); print chr rand 90 for (0..4)'      \

   Gregor N. Purdy                          gregor@focusresearch.com
   Focus Research, Inc.                http://www.focusresearch.com/
   8080 Beckett Center Drive #203                   513-860-3570 vox
   West Chester, OH 45069                           513-860-3579 fax