develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from December 2001

Re: Java to Parrot

From:
Leon Brocard
Date:
December 18, 2001 10:07
Re: Java to Parrot
Message ID:
20011218180748.GA2822@ns0
Melvin Smith sent the following bits through the ether:

> Anyone doing any work with Java bytecode to Parrot?
>
> I've got a java class disassembler 90% working if anyone is interested in
> helping, I'm not sure if this would belong in the Parrot tree or not.

Yes, actually. I've done some initial work but have completely redone
it recently. I gave a talk early on:
http://www.astray.com/java/

I've even got a module on CPAN which does Java bytecode to Perl (for
simple stuff currently):
http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Java-JVM-Classfile

To be honest, I've been waiting until Parrot can do objects and
classes. Converting the bytecode isn't the problem, it's converting
the Java APIs that is...

HTH, Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/