develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from December 2001

JIT me some speed!

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
December 19, 2001 18:20
Subject:
JIT me some speed!
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.2.20011219211850.02e45960@pop.sidhe.org
Thanks to the work of Daniel Grunblatt, we now have JIT capabilities in
parrot. It's in the latest CVS, ready for your use and abuse.

To run a program with the JIT, pass test_parrot the -j flag and watch it
scream. Well, scream if you're on x86 Linux or BSD (I get a speedup on
mops.pbc of 35x) but it's a darned good place to start.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk