develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from December 2001

JIT info

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
December 29, 2001 12:54
Subject:
JIT info
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.2.20011229154522.0204eec8@pop.sidhe.org
Folks,

JIT work's definitely proceeding in earnest and lots of interesting things
are happening. (We can definitely use help from folks on non-x86 platforms)
A word of warning, though--GCC 2.96 (which didn't really exist, but Red Hat
shipped) really dislikes it. If you find your trials fail with segfaults
you might want to up or downgrade as appropriate.

We'll be disabling the JIT on x86/GCC-2.96 combos soon via configure, but
just in case you get caught before we do.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk