develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from January 2002

Using stringified address

From:
Sterin, Ilya
Date:
January 1, 2002 01:03
Subject:
Using stringified address
Message ID:
000001c192bb$e563b0e0$55681d41@ilyatbjnaicm5x
Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I though this would be
a cool option, especially since I've ran into a few cases where this
would have been very usefull.

Using a scalar (string) with an address to another variable and be able
to dereference it.  This proves very usefull when pasing dynamic strings
with addresses embeded in them.  I don't believe this is available in
current perl versions without writing XS.
Or should this just be left for a module to handle.  I thought this
would be general enough to include in the CORE.

Ilya