develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from June 2002

Tasks for the interested

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
June 18, 2002 13:36
Subject:
Tasks for the interested
Message ID:
a05111b02b93548446892@[63.120.19.221]
Okay, here are some tasks for the interested. They're all related (I
expect you'll see the pattern), but independent anyway.

1) Dig through the perl source and find out all the opcodes. (pp.c
and friends) Document the opcodes and what they do.

2) The same as #1, only for Python

3) The same as #1, but for Ruby (see the trend?)

4) The JVM (finding a good reference is sufficient)

5) .NET (same as #4, a link to a good reference is fine)

6) Infocom's z-machine

Once we get these, the next task is to write an opcode library for them...
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk