develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from June 2002

matrix design

From:
Josef Höök
Date:
June 19, 2002 01:06
Subject:
matrix design
Message ID:
Pine.GSO.4.21.0206190943490.15429-100000@chicken.stacken.kth.se
Ok now what do you think of representing matrices as below:

Pointer to array of pointers of pointers, with the array elements
pointing to the first element in the rows of each matrix and each element
in the rows in turn pointing to a pmc.

I havent thought alot on how we should do operations with this matrix
reprsentation but we could (?) look at pmc->cache.int_val per default on
each row element.

so what i want is comments, comments and suggestion on improvements

                                                      pmc->cache.int_val
                                                                ^
PMC ***matrix --                                                |
               |-> [ **matrix[0] ]----> *matrix[0][0] --- *matrix[0][1]

               |-> [ **matrix[1] ]----> *matrix[1][0]  . . .

( each *matrix[] should inturn point to a pmc  *matrix[0][0] --> pmc )

I surely hope that my ascii art didnt get messed up

/Josef

Reference
Numerical Recipes in C
William H. Press, Brian P. Flannery