develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from June 2002

Re: Tasks for the interested

From:
Simon Wistow
Date:
June 19, 2002 02:51
Re: Tasks for the interested
Message ID:
20020619104832.H1882@thegestalt.org
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 04:33:55PM -0400, Dan Sugalski said:
> Okay, here are some tasks for the interested. They're all related (I
> expect you'll see the pattern), but independent anyway.

7) PHP?

I think I mentioned this months (years?) ago but the PHP opcode set
looks to be well documented. I've extracted the op codes from the latest
(alpha) version and put them here ...

http://thegestalt.org/simon/c/zend_opcodes.h

The latest release of PHP was on June the 9th and contains these notes

"The first alpha release of PHP w/ Zend Engine 2 is now available. It is
based on the current PHP 4 CVS (4.3.0-dev) and includes the new
scripting engine which greatly improves the object model, adds exception
handling and provides a much better infrastructure for the integration
of external technologies like Java or .NET."

I haven't been able to find a good source of pre-'compiled' PHP/Zend
code. I may have to hack the engine to spit it out to a file.

--
: as a language it looks like rows of disciplined insects