develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from June 2002

Mutable strings...

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
June 25, 2002 09:07
Subject:
Mutable strings...
Message ID:
a05111b08b93e443bd235@[128.252.19.121]
Since we have mutable strings, I added a new routine string_append to
string.c and changed core.ops to use it for the "concat Sx, Sy" case
where x is both a source and destination. This saves rather a lot of
copying in the life benchmark (which I changed a bit to use the new
form in spots) and cuts down on the amount of memory we copy by
rather a lot. (Order of magnitude or two)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk