develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from June 2002

[netlabs #744] PATCH: escape strings while tracing

From:
Leon Brocard
Date:
June 30, 2002 23:23
Subject:
[netlabs #744] PATCH: escape strings while tracing
Message ID:
200207010618.g616IQi17002@robrt.dyndns.org
# New Ticket Created by  Leon Brocard
# Please include the string:  [netlabs #744]

I played with pdb and tracing today and liked the way that pdb escaped
strings, eg while diplaying the op 'print "hello\nthere" it put the
'\n' instead of a newline. Tracing is much more useful (and easier to
parse!) if it does this too, so I nabbed PDB_escape and exploited
it. Expect pretty graphs of parrot -t output...

Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
Nanoware...............................http://www.nanoware.org/