develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

Re: multidimensional array

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
July 2, 2002 13:24
Re: multidimensional array
Message ID:
a05111b0bb947b8e5d249@[63.120.19.221]
At 5:42 PM +0200 6/27/02, =?latin1?Q?Josef_H=F6=F6k?= wrote:
>I've been thinking abit on howto implement multidimensional arrays
>and
>i found that its quite tricky :). I'm currently thinking of
>having
>a structure that contains a data pointer and its location in every
>dimension something like this:

One of the nice things about PMCs is that all the implementation
details are just that--details. They hide on the other side of the
wall marked "Do Not Peek Past This Point". :)

That means you can implement them however you choose, and go from
there. It seems pretty obvious right from the start that we need some
mechanism for passing parameters when creating new PMCs, something
Melvin was pretty clear about months back but that I've been ducking
since I'm not quite sure how to do it. Time to stop ducking, I expect.

I really need a room with a wraparound whiteboard...
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk