develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

Documentation indexer

From:
Marc M. Adkins
Date:
July 9, 2002 11:46
Subject:
Documentation indexer
Message ID:
OIECKMOJOMBCOBBGDMKAOEEECLAA.mmadki@Doorways.org
I would like to humbly submit a perl script designed to dig through the
Parrot directory tree, locate POD in likely _and_ unlikely places, and
generate a tree of HTML pages into a new subdirectory.  Includes a top-level
index.  Run it from the top-level parrot directory with no arguments.  Start
browsing from the index.html file.

After I ran it I was amazed at what it found.  Those of you who are working
in the code on a regular basis probably don't need it so much, but for
someone attempting to figure out what's what from scratch (like, um, myself)
it may be a useful beastie indeed.

Marc M. Adkins