develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

coders: add doco

From:
John Porter
Date:
July 12, 2002 01:38
coders: add doco
Message ID:
20020712083742.16823.qmail@web10803.mail.yahoo.com
I have to say that I am extremely disappointed at the
paucity of internal documentation.

One of the goals of the p6 rewrite is to make the code
more accessible for maintainers who will come along later.
This cannot happen without good, substantial internal
documentation.

And I don't wanna hear the same old b.s. "patches welcome".
It is incumbent on the person who writes the code to include
his own commentary.  Of course, if someone else who *already*
understands the code wants to remedy here and there, fine.

Might I suggest, coders, that each time you check in a file,
you boost your karma by adding to or improving that file's
internal documentation.

I know this is going to be extremely painful for some of you
hackers... consider it a chance to prove you're more than
just a hacker.

(Don't get me wrong -- the situation is already way better than
in perl5!)

Thanks.  (Could somebody give me a hand with this asbestos helmet?)

--
John Douglas Porter