develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

Re: [netlabs #757] Problem mixing labels, comments and quote-marks

From:
Tom Hughes
Date:
July 13, 2002 10:51
Re: [netlabs #757] Problem mixing labels, comments and quote-marks
Message ID:
c73c82554b.tom@compton.compton.nu
In message <20020713174114$4b00@gosford.compton.nu>
          brian wheeler <bdwheele@indiana.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 12:32, Tom Hughes wrote:
> > In message <20020703012231$208f@gosford.compton.nu>
> > Here's a patch that will fix this. I havn't committed it because I'm
> > not sure why the assember wasn't dropping comments that included quotes
> > so I'm giving people who know more about the assembler than me a chance
> > to comment first...
>
> I believe it wasn't dropping the comments with quotes as a side effect
> of not wanting to break things like:
> 	print "#"
>
> which breaks with the included patch.  I basically had the same patch
> you do, but wasn't able to figure out how to handle the above case *and*
> do the right thing with  # prints "a"

Of course... The attached patch should handle that I think...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/