develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

.dev files

From:
Tanton Gibbs
Date:
July 18, 2002 13:49
Subject:
.dev files
Message ID:
010e01c22e9c$87062d20$6729fea9@brooklyn
Ok, I would like to try and summarize what should be done for .dev files

1.) .dev files should not be used to describe individual
     functions.  Instead, the .c file that contains the function
     should be used.
2.) .dev files should contain the sections as mentioned in PDD07.
3.) .dev files should mainly be used to describe
      a.) the general overview of the file in question (what it is for,
where it fits in)
      b.) any algorithms that were chosen for use in that file
            along with a description of why.

So, my final question is: should .dev files be plain text or POD?