develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from August 2002

Unifying PMCs and Buffers for GC

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
August 1, 2002 00:03
Subject:
Unifying PMCs and Buffers for GC
Message ID:
a05111b01b96dcf8d857a@[63.120.19.221]
Okay, I finally give. For purposes of liveness tracing and GC, we're
going to unify PMCs and strings/buffers. This means we trace through
strings and buffers if the flags are right, and we need to add a GC
link pointer to strings/buffers. It'll make things a bit larger,
which I don't like, but it lifts some restrictions I see looming,
which I do like.

Anyone care to take a shot at this?
--
                                         Dan