develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from September 2002

Teasing notes

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
September 5, 2002 13:21
Subject:
Teasing notes
Message ID:
a05111b24b99d6c25d2a1@[63.120.19.221]
Since I'm about to go heads-down, as a deadline jumped a week closer
(to yesterday)

*) I think we may have to have separate vtable operations for hyperoperators
*) Calling conventions are changing *again*. Adding the type of the
return value, and the calling frame
*) We're switching from a tree-like stack to full activation frames.
Since we're almost there as it is, this shouldn't be a big deal. And
it'll make "chop to three entries" stack ops actually correct, as
they'll be frame ops
*) We'll be returning frames from subs too, potentially, which is a
good solution to the problem of coroutines returning overflow on the
stack, which they currently can't do right.
*) I think I've finally given in, and vtables will be hierarchical
for some of the less-used operations. Like the transcendental math
ops, which I think we're going to need to have overloadable

Sorry 'bout the brevity. I'll be back next week some time, depending
on the perl 6 conference thingie.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk