develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from August 2001

Re: properties, revisited

From:
Damian Conway
Date:
August 7, 2001 15:23
Re: properties, revisited
Message ID:
200108072223.IAA11838@indy05.csse.monash.edu.au
   > Damian,
   >     You mentioned in E2 that the chomped property relies on the insep
   > property of the filehandle (formerly $/).  Can I extrapolate that
   >    $.
   >    $,
   >    $\
   >    $|
   > will also be properties on filehandles?  (How about
   >    $"
   > for arrays?)

It's not yet clear to me whether these will be properties on
filehandles, or attributes of them (or indeed, whether there will be any
real difference between the two).

That's really up to Larry.

But, yes, I would fully expect that the global punctuation I/O control
variables will become attributes/properties/traits of individual filehandles.

Damian