develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from August 2001

CLOS multiple dispatch

From:
David L. Nicol
Date:
August 29, 2001 21:49
Subject:
CLOS multiple dispatch
Message ID:
3B8DC465.471684E8@kasey.umkc.edu
http://www.jwz.org/doc/java.html includes the following gripe
about Java:

>  I sure miss multi-dispatch. (The CLOS notion of doing
>  method lookup based on the types of all of the arguments,
>  rather than just on the type of the implicit zero'th
>  argument, this).

CLOS is of course the Common List Object System, and feeding
"CLOS multiple dispatch" into a search engine gives more
theses than you can shake a dry-erase marker at.

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187
                                                      KAK OH CKA3AT