develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2001

!< and !>

From:
raptor
Date:
September 1, 2001 10:18
Subject:
!< and !>
Message ID:
000501c132f9$414d6040$0500a8c0@xxx
hi,
I was looking at Interbase SELECT syntax and saw these two handy shortcuts :

<operator> = {= | < | > | <= | >= | !< | !> | <> | !=}

!<  and !>

Personaly i didn't liked  if (! ...) construct too much, so even that
starting to use "unless" is harder for non-english speaker, I think is much
cleaner and good. Particulary 'cause if(!...) is harder to spot... but
moving it near to comparison operator looks good .... of cource not the same
with !ne , !eq ..
=====
iVAN
raptor@unacs.bg
=====
PS. In my native language we doesn't have a word that fit best to
"unless"(if not) ...