develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from June 2002

Ruby iterators

From:
Erik Steven Harrison
Date:
June 28, 2002 13:27
Subject:
Ruby iterators
Message ID:
OLEAOOCICNHJAEAA@angelfire.com
Since this is a brainstorming/review list of sorts this might not be  appropriate, but what the foobar.

Over on Perlmonks someone was asking about Perl 6's ability to have named argument passing. He also asked about the Jensen Machine and Ruby iterators. Now, just being on this list has taught me so much, but, I'm not quite sure how it works, practically speaking, and whether or not we'll get in in P6. (I understand the abstract o fpass by name, but not how we use it). Could someone explain it to me, and tell me what the Perl 6 stance on the matter is?

-Erik

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com