develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from July 2002

Re: %MY (was What's MY.line?)

From:
Richard Clamp
Date:
July 12, 2002 00:06
Re: %MY (was What's MY.line?)
Message ID:
20020711224035.GA20921@mirth.demon.co.uk
On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:43:34PM -0400, Melvin Smith wrote:
> And side effects like "I call you, you modify me invisibly...." seems
> more like taking dangerous drugs than programming.
>
> Yep, I warned you about calling that routine, now look what it did to
> your brains.

Um, I shouldn't really mention Devel::LexAlias then, since with it you
can already write

  caller(1).MY{'$y'} := caller(1).MY{'$x'};
as
  lexalias(1, "$y", upto(1, "$x"));

Where upto is would be a simple wrapper around my
Devel::Caller::caller_cv and Robin Houston's PadWalker::peek_sub

No, I'm not waiting till perl6 for the drugs to kick in...

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net>