develooper Front page | perl.perl6.meta | Postings from June 2001

[ANNOUNCE] Apprenticeship Hour at YAPC::NA

From:
Adam Turoff
Date:
June 5, 2001 07:47
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] Apprenticeship Hour at YAPC::NA
Message ID:
20010605104702.D22555@panix.com
As some of you may have noticed from the YAPC schedule[1], I'll be hosting
the "Perl Apprenticeship Hour" next week.

I'm STILL looking for brief descriptions of projects that are
looking for some help, including:
  * documentation    * tools
  * tutorials        * bugfixes
  * modules          * enhancements to existing code
  * websites         * collaborative efforts
  * test code        * program suites

If you plan to attend YAPC::America next week, and have:
 - an idea for a project, but need extra tuits
 - an idea for a project that would be a good way to mentor a beginner
 - an idea for a project, don't have time to do it, and don't have a
   lot of time to explain it

then please send a brief description ASAP to <ziggy@perl.org>.
The apprenticeship hour will be run much like mjd's Lightning Talks,
where presenters will have ~5 minutes next Wednesday to discuss an
idea for a project.

Thanks,

Z.

[1] http://www.yapc.org/America/talks.shtml#schedule